I didn't set out to write this blog about my work, but I notice that's what the last three posts are all about. I also have been noticing what topics I don't write about here. Some things are just plain off limits for public consumption (like, for example, my ex-husband). Others, I guess I am kind of watching myself to see what risks I will take. I am still keeping a private journal, which is safely tucked into my private purse, but I don't write in it as much as I used to. I am not at all sure what this blog is for. A friend asked me why I started it, and all I could really say was, I just have too many words, and I needed another place to put some. But I'm not too sure why anyone would or should care about reading them.
I often tell my students to let the writing do the thinking for them, that it's often enough just to let the words come through and then you find out something you didn't know you knew. So right now I am trying to let the words come so I can find out what my purpose might be here, in this weirdly private/public place. No one reads this, who am I kidding. It's private, in that sense. But it's out there, so it's public in that sense, and I can't write it without thinking that someone might read it.
I guess I think maybe if I do this for a while I will develop a sense of purpose, a theme, a reason to tell people, read my blog, I'm writing about this and it will be interesting to you.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment