I'm tired of Laura's dad writing me nasty emails about how I am doing such a bad job bringing up my daughter. I'm tired of calmly requesting that he moderate his tone and address me respectfully. I'm tired of reminding him that he should check out the facts of any given situation before he jumps to conclusions and goes on the attack. Why do I have to bring him up, too?? He had a mother. He's a grownup now. He should act like one.
He should be smart enough to know that the parents of a teenager should support each other, not attack each other. He should be smart enough to know that I'm not interested in his feelings or his needs - we have been divorced for years, for the love of god. He should be smart enough to know that taking care of Laura in the best way we can is the only good use of any time we spend communicating with each other. Any time I have to spend explaining to him, again, how to be nice and play fair is time I could spend doing something more valuable. He should know that I am doing the best I can to raise my daughter and that if I'm not perfect it's because I am human and I can't do it all by myself.
Not that he has any time to act like a father. No. Despite the urgency of his last email (it was so urgent that he also text-messaged it to me) about how I'm not up to scratch as a mother, and how we need to have a meeting, he is not available until two weeks from now. Nice to know what a high priority parenting is for you, dude. Good of you to rearrange your world.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment